GENERAL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The ideal person is smart, organized, motivated, social, friendly, honest and team player that can close business. This is a relationship, soft sell business, and most prospects call us as we are the leader in the industry.
We can teach you our products, your drive and commitment will make it happen.
Accountable for increasing sales in the territory via In-home Sales presentations and phone Sales. Address all incoming and ongoing leads in a timely and professional manner with the ability to close the sale. Network in the community to create other leads and sources of business. Document all activities in Salesforce.com in a timely manner. Work with the Location Manager to secure ongoing business in the markets and times the office can properly clean. Work with office staff to operate the office properly and fill in where needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Respond promptly to 100-200 incoming leads per month
- Qualify leads to ensure all leads are in your territory or pass to the other locations
- Make in home presentations to most ongoing service prospects and close the business
- Obtain new Merry Maids customers for weekly, biweekly, monthly, or one time cleaning service at the system generated price.
- Professionally and accurately present Merry Maids service to prospective customers.
- Document all sales activities in companies CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Determine the price for cleaning services using company pricing policies.
- Create Sales quotes for customers, in person, over the phone and email them for signing when customer agree
- Advise and upsell customers about other available Merry Maids services.
- Follow up on all leads for Merry Maids service with letters, e-mails, or telephone calls.
- Follow up on all unresolved leads until closed or lost.
- Deal courteously with customers. Report any unusual request from customers or questions that you cannot answer to your supervisor.
- Make proactive calls to new prospects and opportunities when time allows.
- Contact customers after the service is performed to ensure customer satisfaction
- Call prior lost clients
- Generate 25% of your new clients through your networking activities
- Respond to corporate leads that may be presented
- Maintain all sales activity records.
- Close at least 20 new ongoing clients per month
- This is a fully time position and will require some evening and weekend sales appointments
ANCILLIARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Maintain accurate and time sales reporting utilizing our CRM system
- Use company’s Text Request, Signnow and other technologies to compliment your job as a Sales person.
- Interface with other location regarding sales that you created
- Enter all sales and agreements into Salesforce.com
- When necessary, fill in during staff absences.
- Attend all Sales oriented meeting that are approved by your Manager
- At all times contribute to a positive work climate and to the overall team effort of the company.
- Perform other reasonable, related duties as assigned orrequested.
- May be assigned a company car and must maintain the vehicle
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, satisfactory driving record, and a safe and reliable vehicle with current automobile liability insurance.
- Dress in a Merry Maids Uniform
- Knowledge of the cleaning industry, organization, products, and/or services preferred but not required
- Ability to build customer relationships quickly and provide appropriate levels of customer service.
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Possesses excellent listening skills, empathy, and a high level of customer service orientation.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in desktop/ tablet applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple functions at the same time with exceptional organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving and attention to detail.
- Ability to close a sale on the first meeting
- Ability to pass criminal background check.
- Ability to pass motor vehicle records check.
- Ability to pass drug screening.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND CERTIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Sales or Customer Service background preferred.
- Ability to drive to and from various prospects and clients sites as needed.
- Ability to withstand regular physical contact with dog and cat hair, mold, dust, mildew and cleaning solutions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk and talk or hear.
- Ability to operate a computer, email and other software applications
- Ability to close a sale
- Compensation is compensatory to your experience.
- You will receive a Salary and a unit bonus based on each sale
- All expenses are reimbursed
- We are planning on adding a company car to this location which would go to this person
- Earning are expected to be $40-50k with strong upside for outstanding performance
- You would be also eligible for monthly Quality bonuses and Growth incentives
- This Merry Maids is privately owned and is one of 4 locations with offices in Maryland, Kentucky and Indiana
- We were the top preforming location in 2017 out of all 500 Merry Maids franchises
- We have a staff of 70
- We offer Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 2 weeks PTO during the first year
- Paid Holidays
- The growth position for this role is Manager of a location
This Job Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by those assigned to this position. This is not a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, and conditions associated with this position. The Company reserves the right to modify this description in the future, with or without notice to the employee. This Job Description does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Looking for a fun place to work, with a flexible schedule and competitive pay? Then come live the Merry Maids™ life!
As a Merry Maids team member, you would belong to an award-winning company and be a part of our close-knit team — a team that works together to provide the best cleaning solutions and customer service to our clients. We offer paid training, excellent work/life balance and real opportunities for advancement. You may start off as a team member, but you are then able to tailor a career path that matches your interests and goals – including becoming a team captain, trainer, quality assurance supervisor or manager.
We take pleasure in improving our clients' lives by allowing them to spend more time with family or doing activities they enjoy. As trusted in-home professionals, we form strong relationships with our clients and are often considered part of their extended families.
Ready to create brighter days for you and our customers?
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a Merry Maids® franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee, and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this location should be made directly to the franchisee, and not to The ServiceMaster Company, LLC.